The South West Surrey Domestic Abuse Service is a member of the Surrey Domestic Abuse Partnership (SDAP) providing support across the whole of the county. We provide free, confidential, independent and impartial advice to anyone aged 16 or above affected by domestic abuse living in the boroughs of Guildford & Waverley.
If you live outside Guildford & Waverley please access the SDAP webpage for full contact details of our partners.
We can assist by giving skilled practical help, ongoing emotional support, and information and advice on issues such as safety planning, housing rights, relationships and separation, civil and criminal court proceedings, and the needs of children affected by domestic abuse. The support offered can be on the telephone, face to face at a safe venue, or by email.
Our shared values include:
- working with survivors and children on a needs led, strengths based, trauma informed basis;
- believing in survivors and children and putting them at the centre of all the work;
- being non-judgemental;
- placing the responsibility for the abuse with the perpetrator;
- working with survivors to empower and inform them;
- providing services that are free of charge, impartial, independent and confidential;
- working with survivors and children to meet their needs, increase safety and freedom; and
- working in a multiagency environment to meet the needs of the survivors and children.