Volunteering with our service
Interested in volunteering with us?
Want to be part of a dynamic passionate team dedicated to making a real difference within the local community and people’s lives?
You may be interested in volunteering on a regular basis and joining our committed volunteer team.
Full training provided and a range of opportunities on offer that include:
- Accompanying clients to Family Court. Offering emotional support when clients are required in court to obtain orders such as:
- Child contact order
- Non-molestation order
- Prohibited Steps order
- Transfer of Tenancy
- Occupational order
- Supporting the facilitator in various groups. Offering emotional support to the clients during the session:
- Freedom programme
- Publicity/ Awareness raising
- Distribution of service information to help raise profile
- Office admin support
What we look for in our volunteers:
- We welcome volunteers over the age of 18 from a range of backgrounds, particularly those who have experience of DA (subject to adequate recovery time).
- We value the skills gained caring for a family as well as through employment and other voluntary work.
- You will need to demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality.
- You must be reliable and have good listening skills.
- You will need to support in an understanding and non-judgmental way.
- Availability during office hours.
We welcome support and involvement of men, however, are unable to offer volunteer opportunities that involve direct 1-1 female contact, subject to section 7(2)(e) of the sex discrimination act (women only).
Alternatively, we are looking to extend and enhance our volunteer team by recruiting a group of people with passion and energy who would like to be involved, but for various reasons, cannot volunteer on a regular basis. This group would be called on for support on an ad-hoc basis for example:
- Help with community fundraising and domestic abuse awareness events.
- Writing bids to potential funders.
- Knowledge of another language, help with translation in appointments etc.
What we can offer if you volunteer with the service:
- Ongoing training, giving you opportunity to gain new skills.
- Regular 1-1 support.
- Opportunity to increase self confidence and enhance future employment prospects.
- Chance to meet new people and to get involved and help tackle issues in the local community.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
Volunteers are accepted following interview, satisfactory references and a DBS check (depending on the role) and completion of an assessed induction training where necessary.
Find Out More
Call: 01483 898884